1. This IC is intended to be used for general electronic equipment [Note book PC].
Consult our sales staff in advance for information on the following applications:
Special applications in which exceptional quality and reliability are required, or if the failure or malfunction of this IC may
directly jeopardize life or harm the human body.
Any applications other than the standard applications intended.
(1) Space appliance (such as artificial satellite, and rocket)
(2) Traffic control equipment (such as for automobile, airplane, train, and ship)
(3) Medical equipment for life support
(4) Submarine transponder
(5) Control equipment for power plant
(6) Disaster prevention and security device
(8) Others : Applications of which reliability equivalent to (1) to (7) is required
2. Pay attention to the direction of LSI. When mounting it in the wrong direction onto the PCB (printed-circuit-board), it might
smoke or ignite.
3. Pay attention in the PCB (printed-circuit-board) pattern layout in order to prevent damage due to short circuit between pins. In
addition, refer to the
Pin Description for the pin configuration.
4. Perform a visual inspection on the PCB before applying power, otherwise damage might happen due to problems such as a solder-
bridge between the pins of the semiconductor device. Also, perform a full technical verification on the assembly quality, because
the same damage possibly can happen due to conductive substances, such as solder ball, that adhere to the LSI during
5. Take notice in the use of this product that it might break or occasionally smoke when an abnormal state occurs such as output pin-
short (Power supply fault), output pin-GND short (Ground fault), or output-to-output-pin short (load short) .
And, safety measures such as an installation of fuses are recommended because the extent of the above-mentioned damage and
smoke emission will depend on the current capability of the power supply.
6. When using the LSI for new models, verify the safety including the long-term reliability for each product.
7. When the application system is designed by using this LSI, be sure to confirm notes in this book.
Be sure to read the notes to descriptions and the usage notes in the book.
8. Please carry out the thermal design with sufficient margin such that the power dissipation will not be exceeded, based on
the conditions of power supply, load and surrounding temperature.
Although indicated also in the column of the maximum rating, the maximum rating becomes an instant and the marginal value
which must not exceed. It sufficiently evaluates, and I use-wish-do so that it may not exceed certainly.
Moreover, don't impress neither voltage nor current to PIN which is not indicated. It may be spoilt in both cases.
9. Note of soldering for heat dissipation
Please solder to GND for heat dissipation.